Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nineties Nooner

I am a child of the eighties, but I have many more vivid memories from the nineties....90210, grunge, tamagochi, Singled Out, Jerry Maguire, OJ trial...the list goes on. I love that the Olsens are trying to bring back nineties fashion like whoa. Flannel has already taken off, but the Lennon shades and belly shirts are making me nostalgic. My favorite "alternative" radio station growing up (yeah y100!!!) would have a "ninties nooner," playing all alternative/grunge hits from the early years of the decade from 12:00 to 1:00pm every day. Awesoommmeee.

Love it. Makes me want to rent Reality Bites or Empire Records.

Don't underestimate the power of the flower dress. Kate and train wreck boyfriend Pete Dogherty circa 2000.

Ash looks like a Calvin Klein ad from 1996.

MK working grunge. Sooo hot.

Ashlee Simpson attempting a 90's look...I would have liked jorts and boots as opposed to the emo kid skinny jeans with converses. Fun size Pete.

No comments:

Post a Comment