Tuesday, March 3, 2009

More like a Lion....

Not that I didn't already hate winter enough, but 8 inches of snow and single digit wind chills really make me wish; 1) that I could afford a tropical vacation, and 2) that I had vacation days to designate to a tropical vacation, 3) that I could have the 1/2 hour I spent scraping my car this morning back. I can't be too bitter though; I did actually get a snow day yesterday (and by snow day I mean pathetically texting my boss "snow day? please take mercy on my soul." and he responding "ok, but be in by 8:30 tomorrow." I'll take that) which I spent prancing around in my adult long-johns (which by the way are sick) and watching 15 episodes of Arrested Development. So instead of concentrating on the shiteous weather outside my door, I'm going to dedicate a post to things I wish I could be wearing right now/spring-ish ensembles.

Rachel Bilson is adorable. I rarely use adorable when referring to stoner beanies, but she clearly is exception to the rule.

I can't wait til Memorial Day. I don't always follow the traditional rule per se (I figure May is fair game) but isn't Isla Fisher's white dress hot? I really like her accessories as well. The necklace is such an attention getter and the Louboutins make me spasm with envy.

Really, she can do no wrong. I realize the weather is probably 75 degrees in this picture and Rachel is one of those people that looks cute squatting on a toilet seat, but damn, I wish I looked like this when casually walking my dog. Granted its winter, but I oscillate between looking homeless and Michelin man when I take the dog out these days. Also, I posted a while ago about my hatred for blunt cut bangs, however she is probably one of the few that I don't mind. She is petite, but for some reason the bangs don't over-power her features.

This is the perfect "season transition" dress. The color and fabric are quite winter-y, but the 3/4 sleeve and light bronze accessories work really well. This would be perfect for work with a tan trench. All I need to wait for is the snow to melt......

This is an older look of Posh's (clearly denoted by the longer locks). I have a mild obsession with hounds tooth, for which I blame Gwen Stefani, and high waisted skirts. This ensemble would really work in any season, but the blouse is designed for warmer temps.

Gah! I love this girl. I'm drooling over those shoes. I've been searching for a skirt like this, but usually my searches yield things that look like they belong in an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog circa 2004.

Another perfect "transition" dress. It could easily be worn alone, but tights and boots make it work during these last snow-y days. Clearly, coat necessary. Kiera has great style. I haven't mentioned her too much recently, so I feel I should dedicate a post in the near future...

TO-GA! TO-GA! Alexander Wang Goddess dress. So. Hot. Right. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment