Wednesday, March 4, 2009

2 Comments

I feel the need to expand on my statement about bangs after seeing my near and dear commit near tragedy. I'll reiterate my basic premises: 1) blunt cut bangs are the devil. 2) they are one of the worst hair trends ever created/to come back. 3) they flatter almost no one* 4) *= people who have huge foreheads actually look great in them. 5) Friends don't let friends get blunt cut bangs.


Zooey Deschanel does not have the hated bangs. Hers are softly cut, growing out and tousled. She looks great. This is completely acceptable.

This is what a blunt cut bang looks like. This would be disastrous if Christina Ricci did not have the largest forehead known to man. She is the exception. She can pull this off. Conclusion? If your forehead cannot double as a helicopter landing pad, do not attempt.

Now, I realize LC's "bangs" are not blunt cut. They would be acceptable, however, WHY DID YOU MESS WITH PERFECTION LAUREN?! You had the most coveted hair in Hollywood! This isn't awful, but it's a far cry from your usual golden, flowing tresses.

I tend to shy away from writing/commenting too much on fashion week/runway. I know my style and I know what looks good, but I don't feel I am in a position to comment on couture. However, Erin Wasson x RVCA is very near and dear to me. As a veteran "Dewey Rat" (the negatively connotated term for a person in/around Delaware whom wasted many a summer in Dewey Beach, Delaware with the fake surfer/skimmer-professional deadbeat crowd and refuses to age out of the town frequented by late teen/early twenty-somethings), I have always loved RVCA and almost spontaneously combusted when I heard word Erin was designing for them.


Wasson is very much the face of the Alexander Wang inspired, heavily distressed and masculine trend that has swept fashion besides the one feminine breath last may courtesy of SJP/Patricia Field with Sex and the City. Erin's personal style comes through very much with this collection.

Doesn't it all just scream "bad ass"? While you will never find me in crushed velvet bell bottoms I would sell my first born for the striped shirt/dress the model in the center is wearing...with or without the ankle boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment