Thursday, April 9, 2009

Real People Part Deux

I've spoken recently about "hometown heroes" like Joe Biden and Ryan Phillipe, but one I haven't mentioned is an awesome girl I actually have known for 11 years/went to high school with/am friends with/see on a quasi-regular basis...."supermodel" Melody Woodin. Most people might not know her by name, but she's the leggy blonde in the most recent Loreal/Feria commercial with Beyonce.

The commercial itself is probably on youtube.

My friends/housemates/besties summer 2004 in our beach house pre-toga party. Best summer of my life by far. I wish I could find more pics. We worked at the same hole-in-the wall bar all summer and she was the only person that could fill the ice machine without a stool....
Customer: how tall are you?
Mellie: 6'2
Customer: why the hell are you working here? Move to New York!

Annnd the rest is history I suppose. We all knew she'd be an amazing model, but it was still crazy the first few times she was in magazines/ads. I saw her in an ad in cosmo during my freshman year and nearly fell off the treadmill.
Thanksgiving break of that same year in one of our friends' parents' basement. Please note the boons farm. Sweet Jesus. Please excuse the fashion...it was 2004.


Mellie in Dior Couture Winter 2008.


In April 2008 Elle chillaxin with Oscar De La Renta.

Backstage at a Galliano show.

My personal favorite. She is an awesome girl, completely down to earth, comes back to Delaware kinda a lot...and not just to catch up....this girl rides horses. Supermodel shoveling horse-poop...that's a sight. We are so proud of her!! Check out Melody Woodin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment