Friday, January 30, 2009

TGIF

Debating on whether I'm going out tonight. Its been a terribly long week and my body is screaming "sleep!!!" But, my mind is saying "let's party". Knowing me, I'll likely do this bullsh*t debate in my head for about 15 minutes before deciding that I can sleep enough when I'm dead. Long live the weekend warrior!

Normally, I am very unimpressed with both High School Musical stars. Vanessa usually jumps on the bandwagon for every trend, but never looks as good as the originators. Tisdale is the worst though. Her casual style is reminiscent of what I wore to class in college; i.e. Victoria's Secret pink lounge wear, uggs, a designer handbag, and messy hair. Ashley, you make millions of dollars a year, stop dressing like a goddam sorority girl. To add insult to injury, she usually plasters the designer logos all over. We get it, you like Louis Vuitton purses...do you own any others? This being said, I really like both of their outfits here. Vanessa's is the perfect low-key bar night; not too dressy or overstated, but cute enough to attract some attention.

Yay! No Louis here! I love the dress and the gladiators. Her hair is still a little bubble gum-y (see Hilary Duff years 2000-2008) but this outfit is very cute. Perfect for chill Friday night or busy Saturday when you want to see and be seen.

Ok, so this outfit is very cute, but there a few things that need to be noted: 1) Necklace=barf. Sorry, I'm too much of a matchy-matchy girl and that thing is straight woof. 2) Kristen Bell is such an attractive girl, but bangs are not for her. I have a big problem with bangs. Most people should not have them and they really aren't all that "trendy". Some "wisps" or a nice side swept fringe is great for most; the blunt cut/edge-y/bangs with curly hair drive me crazy. The only person that 'needs' bangs however is Christina Ricci. Why? Have you seen her forehead? People like Kristen Bell with adorable, petite features should not have bangs. Ok, all that aside, I love this skirt! I have a similar one from Forever21 in gold, but I love this pink/nude combo. It would be really cute for Valentine's Day.

Ashlee's faux tan detracts from the outfit a bit, but otherwise I really like this too. The shoes just pop! I think she wore this when she was trying to dispel pregnancy rumors, but damn does she look good. I still love that hair color and the emphasis on accessories. Fun shoes + designer cuff = perfect combo. This is the kind of outfit I would wear for a friend's birthday dinner/celebration. My bff has one coming up and my besties and I plan on visiting her in the city. As long as there isn't snow on the ground, I'm rockin shoes like that.
Normally I don't really like this look. If its dressy I think it should be form fitting. I wasn't a huge fan of the maxi dresses or anything that could have the attachment of the word "kimono". However, this dress showcases Audrina's legs so nicely! The top of the dress is "flow-y" but not overly so, and highlights her bitchin clavicle. I think she looks so hot right now. If only I owned this and it was about 30 degrees warmer..........

No comments:

Post a Comment