Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow-y Day

The Weather forecasters are predicting a possible snow storm tonight! Its already snowed a few inches over night, but nothing substantial. I wish I still got snow days like I did in school. Unfortunately, since my commute is about 3 blocks, I don't think I could pull of the "treacherous roads" excuse for not coming into work....damn. Anyway, if/when I move to NYC I doubt it will be any different, but I can hope....oh, and isn't this pic gorgeous?

LC and her cute work outfits. Given the snow today, I created my outfit from the bottom-up. What works with boots? I managed to pull together something decent. Thank god for sweater tights! I can't wait until its warm again so I can dress less frumpy. Check out homegirl's shoes!
Obviously, LC is not in the office in the pic below. Just a memory of how much cuter we all dress in the summer/ if you're lucky enough to live in L.A. or somewhere without real seasons. I want a skirt like that soooo bad! Spring shopping maybe.

I'm not sure why, but somehow I missed the detailing in this dress! This photo came out over a month ago. I saw it and thought, "eh, cute...I guess the swirls are nice and Kate Bosworth looks amazing in everything." (I would give my right foot to be as in with Karl as she!) But for whatever reason I finally notice that the "swirls" are zippers! That is so efin cool! Hot damn. That dress is my new obsession. So Hot Right Now!

I have such a love/hate relationship with this girl. Her movies are categorically bad. Her music...not really my style but total ear worms! I cannot get them out of my head once I hear them! Style, hits and misses. I would give her a b- average. Choice in men...eclectic and fairly good! (I'm a sucker for athletes,...cough mike comrie...musicians,...cough Joel madden....and the occasional man baby...cough Aaron carter. Not too shabby Hil.) What I do HATE is her awful choice in earrings (one more door banger hoop and I'll scream). Has she ever tried a nice stud? Or some mesh-y dangles? I loathe hoops. Blame it on public school, but the hoop is sooo unappealing unless you are of Latin descent....then it is allowable/borderline awesome. Anyway, I like her casual style here (aside from the hoops!) and her necklace is soo cool! Kudos.


P.S. I also like her hair better these days as well. She's grown out of the one-tone platinum and lets it go a bit messier. No more jersey pouf or princess ringlets. She actually looks like a (gasp!) normal 21 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment