Monday, January 26, 2009

Stuff I love

This was the first weekend that I was without a football game to watch. Usually, my Sundays (and many Saturdays in the fall...) revolve around watching my favorite team with my favorite people. However, with the Eagles out and the SuperBowl next Sunday, I had an entire day to devote to doing nothing. I decided my old "Sunday Fundays" would have replace with self-created fun. This is however, not hard, because...well, I rule, and I have no problem making my own fun.


Maxim is a fabulous combination of mediocre journalism and college-y humor, addressing the "real" concerns of regular guys. Its $2.5 Billion annual sales comes from cornering the male market perfectly; guys don't like to read unless absolutely necessary. They want/need to know a little bit about a lot of things; and Maxim delivers this information in a witty and focused style...and with some pics of hot chicks. I love this magazine. When I want to know about fashion I read vogue. When I want to know how to please my man or make a bitchin cocktail, I read cosmo. When I want to learn about beer, or the best town for snowboarding, or the origin of mardi gras, I read maxim. Plus, the "outfits" (if you can call them that) they put the women in give me ideas for my own escapades, but mostly, inspiration for hot hair and make-up. I read every issue cover to cover and feel it gives me a better understanding of the male psyche. Plus, I have a serious one-up when it comes to striking up conversation with the opposite sex. Some people read the sunday paper; this Sunday, I read the February Maxim.

I spent a few hours last night watching one of my favorite shows; Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Its on FX thursday nights at 10, but I tend to like to watch it on Dvd in one sitting. After Flight of the Conchords, I watched a few episodes, including my favorite one involving "Green Man". This show is so goddamn funny. Its very weird, but in a good way. I wonder if people not from around Philly find it as entertaining...


Really, who doesn't love the Dollar Store? Its the only place I can go shopping and feel rich. It has everything! I went on Saturday after I got back from NYC. Toothpaste, soap, candles, qtips, collapse-able hamper, lip gloss, frozen veggies. The list doesn't end! You get to the register with a basket full of goodies and your total is like $17.00. God, I love America.

Best snack food ever? Wasabi peas are so delicious. Spicy, crunchy, and filling! They were my sustinence on the drive up and back from NYC. Did I mention travel friendly?



Black nail polish is so badass. Classy, edgy, and cool all at the same time. Its one thing I can wear to the office that isn't uber-wasp-y. Slight obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment