Thursday, May 21, 2009

Gatsby

Baz Luhrmann has signed on to do a re-make of The Great Gatsby!!! Absolutlely Phenomenal. His adaptation of Romeo and Juliet is one of the most beautiful films in the world (in my opinion anyway) and I loved Moulin Rogue (I could pass on Nicole Kidman though...Ian McGregor saved it.) The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books in the entire world. Yes, yes, I know we (most high schoolers) were "required" to read it, but its such a beautiful story about expectations, the mind's eye, appearance vs. reality, and unrequited love. I actually have a book of Fitzgerald's short stories, which will be my beach reading this weekend since I haven't gotten a chance to get to the library (yes, I said library). Anyhoo, I cannot wait for the film and decided to do my own casting....

The shitty Robert Markowitz version from 2000.

My pic for Jay Gatsby....rage-a-holic Christian Bale, aka Patrick Bateman (American Psycho).

Well, Bale might be too intense....how about a brooding Jared Leto. Totally emo Gatsby.

Narrator Nick Carraway...easy breezy Gabriel Macht. I could eat him alive.

Gatsby appears time to time on the runway...Temperly London Spring 09 anyone? Kate Moss and Marc Jacobs rockin it. A friend of mine had a "gatsby" themed party last winter. I wasn't cool enough to attend, but my friends went all out. Apparently it was just ridiculous.

I just needed another. He's too delicious.

Kate Hudson would be the perfect Daisy Buchanan.

The original film adaptation.

Modern spin on the Gatsby style. Pearls, socks, chiffon.

No comments:

Post a Comment