Thursday, March 19, 2009

Think Tank

While trolling lookbook.com today, I started to wonder if we will ever see the end of the studded everything/distressed to oblivion/Wang-Wasson inspired craze? I like it...alot...don't get me wrong, you cannot deny the looks' badassness, but when will it change?


Sick outfit on lookbook, and not too over-the-top-you-can-see-my-naughty-bits either.


The great debate as to what do you wear under it? Does it still constitute as a sweater? Dawn from Danity Kane does it conservatively.

This whole fashion trend reminds me of what they wore in the post-apocalyptic super campy flick Tank Girl. Anyone remember this? It was based on a cult comic, starring Lori Petty (career suicide), Ice-T, and a baby Naomi Watts.



I suggest googling it at the very least.....rent/watch at your own risk. The costumes though are very very very cool. View on mute maybe?

I own the movie poster. When No Doubt first hit the scene I thought this was the look Gwen was inspired by...no?

No comments:

Post a Comment