Monday, February 9, 2009

Recession Red

So far I haven't really felt the pressure of the recession; my bills are still covered, I still have $$ to have fun, and I enjoy being thrifty and shopping on the cheap. However, the one area I've decided to scale back on is hair care. I got a Brazilian Straightening Treatment last summer for my birthday and it changed my life. I went from Carrie Bradshaw curls to smooth and shiny straight hair with almost zero styling effort required. Absolutely worth the $375.00 it cost. However, 8 months later it is time to undergo another treatment. In conjunction with quarterly maintenance of highlights and a hair cut; the bill is rather hefty. Well, the long and short of it (no pun intended) is that I don't have $500.00 to blow on my hair this month.

Legally Blonde. This is me as I like to call "summer edition". Blonde and tan.

So, I took matters into my own hands this weekend. I spent $4.00 on a box of semi-permanent color and decided a nice reddish-brown was so hot right now. Scared? Yes, but I think it turned out fairly well. The comments I've received from friends is varied and neutral. One put it best, "You look like Mary-Jane Watson from Spiderman." Yeah, I'll take that.


It's been a while since I posted work outfits. These past few weeks have been pretty uninspired due to inclement weather and thus, limited choice of footwear. Above and below pics of the woman suit. Business formal required for court. Calvin Klein found at Ross dress for less $49.99. If I were rich I would buy everything Calvin Klein. His clothes fit me perfectly!


Oh, and the shirt is thrifted Express from the awesome Goodwill in NYC. I swear it is the best I have ever been in, even if it is more expensive that Delaware's.



It was so nice and warm this weekend! I'm totally on a spring kick now. I was able to run outside both days and wear a dress on Saturday night without tights/leggings! JOY!!! I spent majority of Sunday in lacrosse coaches meetings and running errands, but still had the sun roof open! Sweater- thrifted French Connection $6.00, T-shirt- Forever21 $6.00, Skirt- thrifted Lily Pulitzer $12.00, pink pearls (can't see in this photo) Forever21 $4.00, Shoes (can't see but they are pink ballerina flats) thrifted Aldo $6.00. Total=$34.00

No comments:

Post a Comment