Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wake me up when September ends.....

When I was a kid, I always dreaded the end of summer vacation/break. The feeling has never faded. Even now, I'm in cube nation all day, but the days growing shorter sadly remind me that summer will soon be over. It's not like I have the harsh "back to school" reality anymore, but I am such a summer kinda lady...the thought of cold temps and 7 months (roughly) indoors just sucks. Yeah yeah, the fall has football, marathons, the return of Always Sunny in Philadelphia (a show EVERYONE should watch!), and fashion week, duh! I guess the one real upside is the fashion.

I think it was on the show "Pete & Pete" in which big Pete said the minute you think about something you want for back to school (in his case it was a cool binder), summer is truly over. So, yeah...I'm looking at coats....not really back to school anymore, but still...indicative of the change of seasons.

I do loooovee fall/winter in NYC. I have a few friends up in the city and usually make several trips up. My one bestie lives on the Upper East side and visiting her is always a sick time. Hit up the waspy/trust-fund baby bars, shop in soho, brunch, hot-n-crusty bagels, and runs in Central Park. Perrrffff.

CBK and John-John. I have 2 long red coats and I think it is my favorite color for wool. My Michael Kors one goes so well with everything ( I swear!).

I want Sienna's coat soooo baaaad. I'll gladly take anything Burberry.

Fave outfit from Devil Wears Prada.

Rachel Bilson in Chanel. I normally don't go for the boxy/wide styles, but this I really like.

Rad. I don't think I could ever pull it off though. I got a motorcycle jacket for x-mas last year. I loved it! ManCandy calls me a hipster-wanna be in it (frowny face.)

I typically gravitate to long coats in slim but traditional cuts, but fun colors.

So underrated....boots and a long jacket. I found a sick black trench at goodwill last winter!


I love light/white coats but I feel like I'm too messy for them. I have a long Banana Republic coat I wear to death, but I feel like I'm always dry cleaning it...coffee addiction + unable to eat like a human= asian cleaners know me on a first-name basis.

She looks hot. I look like a heifer when I try to pull off the shrunken jacket look....well except for little boy blazers...they're usually kosher.

I love that jacket and want those boots. Hmmm maybe they'll be on the x-mas list. Very Rodarte and very efin hot!

1 comment:

  1. Olsens are missing - 8 posts and counting without a reference. They're probably hiding in a gutter somewhere under a twig

    ReplyDelete