Friday, January 2, 2009

Hellloooooo.....


So, I’ve decided to embrace the cliché of the “new years resolution.” Instead of merely trolling blogs when I’m bored at work, I have decided to share with the world my thoughts on fun, fashion, and the like. I am a total yuppie, in a stuffy law firm, in a moderately liberal, moderately small city. I prefer the term “post-college”. I like to write almost as much as I like the sound of my own voice, and I like to shop. I have two major handicaps however. 1) I am not nearly as rich as I would like; i.e. even Marshall’s can be too pricey for my tastes. 2) Given my career pathway, I must dress “professional” at all times. This translates to woman suits, and overall librarian-esque style. For a man who wears ties with little sea creatures on them, my boss certainly has quite the opinions about my fashion sense and vehemently quashes anything that is remotely fashion forward. So this catch-22 forces me to angrily devote hard-earned funds to “ugly” clothes. Luckily, as mentioned, I shop cheap. So this blog will not be only the fun, awesome outfits I create and shoes I salivate over; but also the really cheap ways I look “professional” and some noteworthy librarian outfits. I think it’s pretty baller to look “the part” and spend $4.72 on one’s entire ensemble. Many careers have flexibility in wardrobe. The law, unfortunately, does not. However, during the 120 hours per week I’m not file diving, I try to enjoy my clothing and life. I hope whoever decides to read this enjoys the musings of my double life.

No comments:

Post a Comment