Monday, August 31, 2009

Expect the Expected

Finally spent the first night in my new place alone...and scared shitless. Mind you, I was very glad to get out of my old apartment, since I had some random crackhead squatting in/nearby my building. No one wants to walk out their door and see Rackem' Willie smoking a cig on your stoop...then ask you for money. Anyway, I don't have that kind of hassle at the new diggs but I am a little scared...ok, so has everyone seen the 6th sense? Guess where that was filmed...Old City, Philadelphia. So yes, I have this irrational fear that vomit girl is going to pop out from under my bed. I know, I know....grow the fuck up. Moving on, you may hate me for my next comments, but Rachel Bilson and Chloe Sevingy....meh. They do dress well, but I am never "wowed" by them. I would definitely give my left boob for Bilsons's closet and fiancee`, but does anyone else think she is just above average?

Cute summer dress....but nothing to get naked about.

Again, really cute....

I think Chloe bothers me more, because people make her out to be a trendsetter. How many times have we seen a look like this before?

Casual, matchy-matchy....probably could find it all at Forever21 if you tried though.

I mean, this is a very pretty dress...there's nothing wrong with it...I just don't see the big deal

Whoa....a drapey vest! No one's ever done that! See what I mean. I like these girls' style, but its never enough to warrant replication/praise, in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I had a good laugh while reading this post. I love your writing style. I do like that second picture of Rachel Bilson.

    xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
    www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wouldn't put Rachel in the same category as Chloe by far.
    Thing about Chloe is, you're right, lately she's toned down her dressing a lot but back in the day she really was a trendsetter. In the early 90s she was an intern for Sassy (they spotted her on the streets of New York and offered her a job!) and made a lot of the costumes for Harmony Korine's movies. Most of her wardrobe was handmade or thrifted and she would do interesting things with her clothes, mix crazy prints together, play with silhouettes and whatnot. Of course it's since been done a million times by a bunch of copycats but that is because she was one of the first to do it.

    ReplyDelete