Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's the 411


I am completely addicted to I Love the 90's on VH1. (I Love the 80's too!) Like some of my fellow bloggers out there, born in the 1980's, you remember certain things like cabbage patch kids and the Cosby show, but alot of the pop culture fabulousness is wasted...I mean, I was 5 at the turn of the decade. The 90's however, is very much understood/remembered/scarring. So, let's take a moment and review some of the decade's hotness.

Baby Kate.
Editorial 1994.

Melrose. Gotta love the midriff.

High waist and crop tops making a serious comeback.

Why couldn't they have stayed together?

The original (and only acceptable) 90210. I still think Dylan is sexy.

These shots of Carolyn Bessette sparked my interest in finding better 90's photos.

CBK was a PR/publicist for Calvin Klein in the early 90's. She dressed the celebs and definitely had connections. God, Jennifer Aniston looks soooo different.

Again, the midriff trend. I feel like Carrie Bradshaw still rocked it a few seasons on Sex and the City. I feel like I've seen that hat before too....oh right, Pretty Woman.

I love that floral is making a comeback too.

Big fan of the Fembot hair.

Are turtlenecks super 90's? I really like them...and own like 10 in many dark colors: 3 black, white, brown, navy, dark gray, cream, and 2 of the sleeveless variety. I think they're nice for work....slimming and washing machine friendly, but are they a faux pas?

Vintage Cindy.

I love this look too! Olsens are bringing it back. They've really been pushing the 90's recently; alot of grunge, but Ash rocks the blazer/slim dress-skirt look alot.

More woman suits.

How could I forget the platform shoes! Soooo Cher in Clueless.

More Kate circa 1993.

Some other wonderful things I love about the decade? Slap bracelets, the side pony, straight bangs, lycra in everything, lipstick (the real matte stuff), hightops, chokers, baby barrettes, light denim...even better if cutoffs with lace, shoulder cutouts, and overalls, but with only one clipped.


oh, and the best dance scene ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1l5PFs2eTc

No comments:

Post a Comment